A pool area is as much about the actual pool as the surrounding amenities. One such draw is a pool house. Who wouldn’t want their very own hideaway to relax or entertain in after a dip in the pool? If you want to go this route, here are a few considerations to keep in mind:
1. Consider the use. The purpose will direct the design. For example, if you want a more secluded space, you’ll want to opt for a structure with a full roof and walls. However, if you just want to use it as a hangout, you can go with a more open layout.
2. A changing room/bathroom is king. Adding a fully-enclosed changing room to your pool house may make your guests feel more comfortable. A bonus: You won’t have to worry about water getting tracked in your home. If you want to go the extra mile, call in the contractor to add some plumbing for a full-use bathroom, shower included. After all, who doesn’t want to wash off the chlorine after a dip?
3. Get organized. A pool house is a great way to tame all those pool accessories and toys. Add cabinets, shelves and hooks, and you’re in business!
4. Don’t forget electricity. Wiring will allow for lights, a ceiling fan, a TV, speakers or even a mini-fridge. Why stop there? You could even have an entertainment center!
5. Get cooking. Take your pool house from ordinary to a destination by adding appliances like an outdoor grill, a sink, a refrigerator, etc. It is the perfect setting for an indoor/outdoor kitchen. Think of all the possibilities for entertaining!
6. Turn up the heat. An outdoor fireplace can add year-round appeal to your pool house. As the sun sets and the temperature drops, a fire can be a welcoming amenity.
7. Be realistic. Although every pool house is unique, construction typically takes about 6 to 8 weeks to complete. And that will depend on how much you plan to put into the structure. Be sure to consider your timeline when you start planning.
If you have the space and budget for it, adding a pool house to your swimming pool area can be a great way to enhance your outdoor living space. A pool house can provide a place to change and shower after a swim, as well as a place to store pool toys and equipment. It can also serve as a gathering spot for friends and family during pool parties or other social gatherings. Beyond these reasons, a pool house can simply add to the aesthetic appeal of your swimming pool area. It can be a beautiful addition that ties the whole space together and makes it look more polished and put together. Whether you’re looking for function or style (or both), a pool house is definitely worth considering!