We want you to be happy with your pool and your pool-buying experience, and we want to provide the best information you need to make the most informed decision possible.
BEFORE YOU SIGN A CONTRACT
Be sure to interview prospective builders and ask them pointed of questions about their business. Inquire about their business stability, technical competence, credibility, and commitment to customer service.
These five questions should help you decide how to choose a pool builder:
1. WHERE IS YOUR BUSINESS LOCATED? WHERE IS YOUR SHOWROOM?
Look for a well-established pool builder with a showroom located in a commercial building. A showroom allows you to view products, see operations, and meet employees.
2. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN IN BUSINESS?
A general rule of thumb is, if a pool builder has been in business three years or less, use someone else. If possible, find the few trustworthy pool companies that have been in business for over ten years. These companies will have the most stability and best credibility.
3. HAVE YOU EVER DECLARED BANKRUPTCY?
The answer should be automatic. Companies that don’t respond immediately with a resounding “no” should no longer be in contention. Bankruptcy history is essential, in case you get left with an unfinished pool with no warranty.
4. HOW MANY REFERENCES CAN YOU GIVE TO ME?
A list of at least 50 references should be provided to you without hesitation. Reach out to five random names from the list, and arrange a meeting to see a finished product. Ask the homeowner about their experiences working with the builder.
5. ARE YOU AFFILIATED WITH THE BBB?
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) is an accredited association that demands ethical business practices from their members. Every substantial pool builder should be a member of the BBB.
Things to know when building a pool
There are several vital things to remember when building a pool. When you are ready to begin having your pool built, please be sure to:
- Check that all work for constructing the swimming pool is listed in the builders’ contract.
- Get a copy of the pool builders’ certificate of insurance from their insurance carrier
- Ascertain that the pool builder has workman’s compensation and general liability insurance
- Demand that all checks are paid to a business bank account – NOT to a personal bank account
- Obtain a copy of the pool builders’ Dun & Bradstreet credit rating report
Swimming pool building checklist
- Obtain all necessary approvals and permits
- Be involved with excavation areas and details
- Determine if walls and braces need to be installed
- Scope of materials used – concrete floor, fiberglass liners, etc.
- Pre-plan all plumbing and electrical work
- Completion of all landscaping and decking per your requests
In-ground pool questions
The most common in-ground pool questions to ask a pool builder concern warranties. Make sure you ask these three questions:
- What is covered under my warranty?
- What isn’t covered under my warranty?
- How long is the duration of my warranty?
To hire the best pool builders in the business, build your pool or spa, contact Precision Pools & Spas today!
As top-rated Houston pool builders, we serve the counties of:
Walker, Montgomery, Grimes, Austin, Colorado, Washington, Calhoun, San Jacinto, Fort Bend, Waller, Wharton, Matagorda, Brazoria, Brazos, Galveston, Chambers, Jackson, Harris, Liberty, Hardin, Polk, Trinity, and Jefferson